Freshly sliced veggies and a cheesy corn patty—what more can you ask for in a burger! paneer and corn go very well together in the patty, and the coriander and chillies give them a well-deserved pep-up. Serve with french fries, for a complete meal.
For The Patty
1/2 cup crumbled cottage cheese
1/2 cup boiled and coarsely crushed sweet corn
1 1/2 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
2 tbsp bread crumbs
1 tbsp cornflour
salt to taste
1/2 cup plain flour ( maida ) dissolved in 3/4 cup water
bread crumbs for rolling
oil for deep-frying
2 burger buns
butter for brushing
2 tbsp mayonnaise
4 tomato slices
4 onion slices ( optional )
salt and freshly ground black peppercorns to taste
For the patty
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal portions and shape each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter round.
- Dip each patty in the maida-water mixture and roll in the bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry each patty till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply butter on both the sides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Place the lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface and apply ½ tbsp of mayonnaise on each bun halves.
- Place an iceburg lettuce, 1 patty, 2 tomato slices and 2 onion slices and sprinkle a little salt and pepper over it.
- Cover with an upper half of the bun and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 to make 1 more burger.
- Serve immediately with french fries .