Once you’ve tasted the depth of flavor in our homemade mac and cheese, you’ll see why it’s the perfect choice for the entire family. Don’t even try to compare it to the box variety – it’s in a league of its own! Creamy and cheesy, this homemade mac and cheese recipe is just the ticket for traditional comfort food, but with lots of mix-in possibilities you can easily put a twist on this classic recipe.
1 cup grated processed cheese
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp plain flour
1 cup milk
salt and freshly grounded pepper to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the plain flour and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the salt, pepper and cheese, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the macaroni, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Spread the macaroni in a baking dish.Grate the cheese make a layer.
- Microwave on high for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.