This is one of the best way to use the fresh cranberries. This will get over in no time. You may have to make extra batches so that it lasts till the next cranberry season .This pickle can also be used as an ingredient in Pickle.
Fresh Cranberry – 1 cup
Dried red chilies – 6 to 8
Fenugreek seeds / Methi seeds – 4 to 5
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida / Hing – 1/4 tsp
Garlic clove minced – 1
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 1/2 tsp
- Wash the cranberries, add salt to it and keep it aside for 3 to 4 days.
- This is done so that the cranberries become softer. If you like it crisp or want a instant pickle then you can completely ignore step I
- Dry roast dry red chilies, methi seeds till you get aroma. Add mustard seeds, hing and turmeric powder to it. Saute and switch off the flame.
- Grind the roasted ingredients along with very little water to form thick smooth paste.
- Add this ground paste to the cranberries and mix well. Finally add oil and mix.
- Cranberry Pickle is now ready. This can be stored in air tight container and refrigerated for month upto 3 months.