As much as we love eating salads, quickly made sandwiches and give incredible importance to their filling, my gut always tells me that the kind of dressings or spreads that we use for preparing them are equally important. Especially, with the onset of summer when one feels like relishing something filling yet light and juicy, dressing and spreads bring around a fresh change and leave you wanting for more. Perfect for summer and for its seasonal delicacies, Green Mayonnaise is a yummilicious mix of fresh herbs, creamy mayonnaise that can be used as a dip or a spread. To grant a fresh dash of flavour to this dip, while mixing up mayonnaise and all the herbs, you could also pour a squeeze of lemon and trust me, awesome results are guaranteed!
- Mayonnaise – ½ cup
- Fresh basil – ¼ cup ( Packed )
- Fresh parsley – 2 tbsp
- Spring onion greens – ¼ cup
- Mint – ¼ cup
- Garlic – 2-3 cloves
- Lemon zest – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Add all the ingredients except lemon juice in a blender and blend to make a smooth puree.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Store in a glass jar in refrigerator for 4-5 days.