Homemade Marinara Sauce is quick and rather easy to make, and tastes immensely better than the store bought one. What’s more, it can be stored and used in everything, starting from pizzas base. The sauce is also great considering how much our children are used to enjoying fast food, which can now be prepared at home, and is healthy and nutritious.
- Extra Virgin Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Garlic – 2 tsp ( Minced )
- Onion – ¼ cup ( Minced )
- Bay Leaf – 2
- Ripe Red Tomatoes – 1 kg ( chopped )
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper – 1 tsp
- Fresh basil – 2 tbsp ( Chopped )
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add garlic and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion and bay leaf and fry for a minute.
- Add tomatoes, red chilli powder, salt, sugar, oregano, black pepper and basil and cook the sauce for 50 – 60 minutes.
- Keep stirring in between.
- Discard the bay leaves once the sauce is cooked..
- Adjust the salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cool the sauce and refrigerate for up to a week.