This fresh and healthy chocolate cherry ice cream recipe is perfectly satisfying to those who want a healthy ice cream and those who have a sweet tooth! Cherries + dark chocolate is always a winning pair.I have made it using simple ingredients that come together making a quick and easy soft serve to enjoy during the summer months or any time during the year. Gather some of the cherries, freeze some bananas and get your chocolate ready…all in the name of good health and a tasty treat that you will enjoy time and time again. Eating healthy and cruelty free is as delicious as can be!
I’m hooking you up with a quick fix of something so totally tasty and so totally nutritionally dense. I can just feel the cyber hugs already.
- 4 frozen bananas, cut into thick pieces
- 2 ripe bananas (not frozen)
- 1 1/2 cup frozen dark cherries (and more to top for garnish)
- Coconut milk or Almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond essence
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate shavings OR chips
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add all bananas, cherries, chocolate, vanilla and almond extract.
- Run until creamy adding in coconut or almond milk a little at a time for desired consistency.
- You will have to stop and scrape down the sides a few times while you’re adding the milk to get it to move.
- Once done remove from blender or processor, place into ice cream bowls, and fold in extra chocolate and cherries.
- Put in an air tight container to store in the freezer.