Khajur imli ki chutney, is a traditional and very common one, but never fails to impress. It is a safe bet to serve during any party as you can be sure your guests will like it. It goes well with all Indian Snacks like Bhajiya, Paatra, Dhokla, etc.Ingredients
1 cup deseeded dates
2 tbsp deseeded tamarind
1/2 cup grated jaggery
1/2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin seeds powder
salt to taste
1. Clean and wash the dates and tamarind.
2. Add the jaggery and 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
3. Allow the steam to escape and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
4. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
5. Add 1 cup of water, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt and mix well. Use as required. Store refrigerated.