I saw tiny clay pots kept on my kitchen window sill and the same night I saw owls made of those tiny clay pots in my dream. Next day without giving it a second thought and without any planning I just started making owl planters and viola!!! the result was awesome. See here they are :
Hobby ideas Shilpkar/M-seal
Carving knife/ craft knife
Clay pots (any size)
1. First wash the clay pots thoroughly and let it dry. Now You can apply a coat of varnish inside the pot to seal it.
2. Now prime the outside of the pot with white acrylic paint and let it dry. In below image you can see Hobby Ideas Shilpkar. It contains two packets, one is resin and the other is hardener. Take equal amount of both resin and hardener and mix them well.
3. Keep the plastic sheet on working area and dust it with talcum powder to avoid Shilpkar clay sticking to sheet. Now take a small amount of clay, put it on sheet and roll it out as shown in below image. For rolling you can use pen or pencil.
4. As I didn’t have a carving knife I used a craft knife to give shape and cut the clay. Though the carving doesn’t look neat when you use a craft knife. You can use something else like a toothpick, empty ball pen or anything else that can solve the purpose better.
5. Made two carved parts (left and right) and joined them. Then I took a small amount of clay, made beak of the owl and pasted it on carved clay. Now gently pick up the clay and paste it on the pot.
6. I made two different kinds of owls. It was hard to make features of Peter so I went easy on making Paul and gave it a simple look. When it is dried prime it too.
7. Now the last thing is to paint it in your desired colour and let it dry. You can give a protective coat of varnish if you wish. It’s done!!!
You can see the before and after of my tiny clay pots in the image below.
Stay tuned!!In my next Blog Post, I will be posting about my workspace makeover.
Till then connect with me here.
An elaborate yet easy khichdi that makes a wholesome and delicious meal, the Dal Khichdi is made of toovar dal and rice combined with not just whole spices but also tomatoes. This imparts a tangy twist to the khichdi making it holistic in terms of taste too. When you don’t have time to prepare a kadhi, you can just serve this with curds and papad, and there you have a sumptuous dinner on the table !
Continue reading “Spicy Vegetable and Lentils Hotchpouch ( Dal Khichdi )”
Methi Nu Lotvalu Shak is Gujarati name which means Besan Vali Methi or Fenugreek Leaves In Chick pea Flour gravy. I love the simplicity of this dish, with very few and basic ingredients yet has a flavorful taste. Continue reading “Fenugreek Leaves with Gram Flour (Methi Nu Lotvalu Shak )”
Before selling out for anything expensive, I always ask myself, is it really necessary for me to decorate my home with that particular stuff and if the answer is no I will never buy that stuff. I would rather love to make handmade decor pieces that will not only add the desired charm to my space but will also tell a story. But if the piece is extraordinary then it definitely comes home with me. Continue reading “Glass Bottle DIY”
I have recycled so many things and turned them into beautiful planters and brush/ pen holders . All my readers liked them so much that they wanted me to share. So sharing it today!!
Continue reading “DIY – Coconut Shell Planter”
Well, after spending few hours there in my garden re- potting, manuring, pruning and dead heading, not only my garden looks neat, clean and reinvigorated now but it was a soothing and therapeutic for me too.
Continue reading “DIY – Painted Rock”
My way of Expressing Love 🙂 Share love with the people who matter most. Send a thoughtful lovely wish using our ready to print Printable cards! Quick and convenient. It’s never been so easy to send and express your emotions for your loved ones . I’m excited to share these free printable cards with you today ! Print and enjoy ! Its my first Printable Card so its obvious that its for my Mom my first Love ❤ Continue reading “Printable Cards”
वक्रतुण्ड महाकाय सूर्यकोटि समप्रभ ।
निर्विघ्नं कुरु मे देव सर्वकार्येषु सर्वदा ॥
[ Vakra-Tunndda Maha-Kaaya Suurya-Kotti Samaprabha |
Nirvighnam Kuru Me Deva Sarva-Kaaryessu Sarvadaa ||]
1: (I meditate on Shri Ganesha) Who has a Curved Trunk, Large Body, and Who has the Brilliance of a Million Suns,
2: O Lord, Please make all my Works Free of Obstacles, Always.
Spreading Happiness – This is my First Post so i want to say few words being devotee of Lord Ganesha : I want to dedicate this handmade greeting card ” To, Mother nature, the birth point of all of us and Lord Ganesha,the god whose blessing we need to start any good work. ”
The festival of Lord Ganesha it is celebrated with such fervor and festivities.
Continue reading “Handmade Greeting Card”
Hello Friends, Hope you guys had a great weekend! It’s been probably 9 months since I started publishing posts on https://bitemeupwithshreyu.wordpress.com/ bite me up with shreyuand it’s been a great experience so far. I feel really happy that I still have the same enthusiasm from day one and this has been possible only because of the overwhelming support you guys have given me. I can’t thank enough my fellow bloggers and I hope you will continue to support me 🙂 Continue reading “Liebster Award”