I saw tiny clay pots kept on my kitchen window sill and the same night I saw owls made of those tiny clay pots in my dream. Next day without giving it a second thought and without any planning I just started making owl planters and viola!!! the result was awesome. See here they are :
Hobby ideas Shilpkar/M-seal
Carving knife/ craft knife
Clay pots (any size)
1. First wash the clay pots thoroughly and let it dry. Now You can apply a coat of varnish inside the pot to seal it.
2. Now prime the outside of the pot with white acrylic paint and let it dry. In below image you can see Hobby Ideas Shilpkar. It contains two packets, one is resin and the other is hardener. Take equal amount of both resin and hardener and mix them well.
3. Keep the plastic sheet on working area and dust it with talcum powder to avoid Shilpkar clay sticking to sheet. Now take a small amount of clay, put it on sheet and roll it out as shown in below image. For rolling you can use pen or pencil.
4. As I didn’t have a carving knife I used a craft knife to give shape and cut the clay. Though the carving doesn’t look neat when you use a craft knife. You can use something else like a toothpick, empty ball pen or anything else that can solve the purpose better.
5. Made two carved parts (left and right) and joined them. Then I took a small amount of clay, made beak of the owl and pasted it on carved clay. Now gently pick up the clay and paste it on the pot.
6. I made two different kinds of owls. It was hard to make features of Peter so I went easy on making Paul and gave it a simple look. When it is dried prime it too.
7. Now the last thing is to paint it in your desired colour and let it dry. You can give a protective coat of varnish if you wish. It’s done!!!
You can see the before and after of my tiny clay pots in the image below.
Stay tuned!!In my next Blog Post, I will be posting about my workspace makeover.
Till then connect with me here.
Before selling out for anything expensive, I always ask myself, is it really necessary for me to decorate my home with that particular stuff and if the answer is no I will never buy that stuff. I would rather love to make handmade decor pieces that will not only add the desired charm to my space but will also tell a story. But if the piece is extraordinary then it definitely comes home with me. Continue reading “Glass Bottle DIY”
I have recycled so many things and turned them into beautiful planters and brush/ pen holders . All my readers liked them so much that they wanted me to share. So sharing it today!!
Continue reading “DIY – Coconut Shell Planter”
Hello Friends, Hope you guys had a great weekend! It’s been probably 9 months since I started publishing posts on https://bitemeupwithshreyu.wordpress.com/ bite me up with shreyuand it’s been a great experience so far. I feel really happy that I still have the same enthusiasm from day one and this has been possible only because of the overwhelming support you guys have given me. I can’t thank enough my fellow bloggers and I hope you will continue to support me 🙂 Continue reading “Liebster Award”
I am so honoured to be linked into a blogger appreciation award . Nisha from InspireN nominated me for the “Blogger Recognition Award”. She is one of the most genuine and lovely healthy ‘foody’ lifestyle bloggers out there. Go check her out! This means so much to me and I feel so blessed that someone recognized all the hard work and time that I’ve been putting into this blog.
This award comes as a motivation and inspiration to me for keep blogging and sharing some delicious food recipes to my readers. I am sure you will also want some sort of recognition for the hard work you put behind making a blog. So here I thank the unknown person who started this amazing intiative to inspire more people into blogging. Thank you . Now I would like to explain the rules for “Blogger Recognition Award” Continue reading “Blogger Recognition Award”